Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Craptastic!

So we’ve been hashing this around for a while and thought we should add in a new regular feature.  All of you crafty thrift store shoppers know that you can find stuff that just needs a coat of paint or for the more ambitious – a total make-over to make it fabulous.  We here at Thrift Store Horror are constantly scanning the shelves for materials, inspiration and random stuff that we can breathe new life into with a little elbow grease.  As you know, we thrive on getting stuff from you – our delightful readers, so, if you have ever  worked your own magic with any sort of thrift store item– we would love for you to share your project for us to feature here and we’ll show you what sort of creative mischief we’ve been up to as well.     -C

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey girls!! Ok I have a $2.50 find from the Thrift Store i bought a while back. My dear sweet husband made it look newer for me. {a little paint} :) I now have it in my scraproom displaying some of my wooden block stamps. You can see before & after.

http://kariberry97.blogspot.com/search/label/My%20%242.50%20Find

Lisa said...

Picked up a yucky shadowbox scene of a bathroom this morning. I am turning it into jewelry storage. I'll let you know when it's done...

Carmen@Thriftstorehorror said...

Carolyn - sweet! Can we share it in a post? Lisa - Can't wait to see it!!