Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

OWLS

Or owl heads, rather.

I’m not really sure what the purpose of these are. 

owl head

At least this one seems to be dual purpose.  You could eat cereal out of it  if you ran out of clean dishes.  ;P

owl head bottom view

I wonder if this owl is as startled as I was when I caught a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye.  Either that or it had a facelift gone terribly wrong. 

owl eyes

Talk about an overbite. 


owl eyes side view

Lisa thinks: What in the world would you do with the tops of owl heads?! They would be pretty if they were actually attached to a body, but not so much like this. Hmmm. . .
Maybe you could put it on a stick and leave it out in your yard as a gruesome warning.  (or just to make your neighbors think you’re nuts) –C
Kim says: This a whole decorating theme that I somehow missed! I just couldn't figure these things out...a little bigger and they would be very uncomfortable masks...I hope someone can tell us just WHAT the purpose was??

1 comment:

foundtreasures1 said...

Could owl things be shelf sitters or maybe they were lids to somekind of container that was their body.....such as cookie jar!!! I dont know either, but they are odd thats for sure. Thanks for sharing, love this site!!! and love thrift stores, garage sales, flea markets, auctions....you name it, where ever you might find a treasure!!