Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cabbage Bowl

No Black Eyed Peas, no light up box-head costumes (which were made locally by the way), no funny commercials and no football, but I present to you the Cabbage Bowl!  (Which is in no way related to the aforementioned Superbowl, obviously)
Yes, It is quite literally a cabbage bowl.  Not that I’m against cabbage, in fact I’m quite fond of it in many forms, (cole slaw anyone? egg rolls?) but I can’t for the life of me imagine the need for a life sized ceramic cabbage container.  Collectors may differ, but I’ll stick with the Superbowl.  Way better parties.  (and commercials)
cabbage bowl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had seen this when you posted it! This is nearly identical to the one my MIL gave me. We are now trying to identify the markings on the bottom, to see how much it is worth, and SELL IT!! LOL I said the same thing... "What do I do with a life-size cabbage bowl??" You can bet it is NOT coming out at parties!!! On the other hand, we won an ugliest ornament contest with a pickle ornament... maybe we should keep the cabbage for such future events... ;-)